At Sugarbird, we pride ourselves on ensuring that our products taste as good as they look. We prepare each order individually from scratch and use only the best and freshest ingredients. Our cake, cupcake, cookie and frosting recipes have won rave reviews from our customers. You can find the many flavours we offer on our flavours page.
While most of our business is centred around our custom designed and decorated cakes, cupcakes and cookies, we know that sometimes you just want a delicious, frosted cake even when there’s no special occasion to celebrate. Any of our regular cake or cupcake flavours can be prepared with a simple buttercream or fluffy frosting for you to enjoy.
We also have a line of specialty cakes and tortes as well as other traditional favourites available.
- Doboschtorte: A traditional and delicious Hungarian specialty cake. A multilayered sponge cake layered with rich chocolate buttercream and topped with a thin layer of caramel. Beautiful to look at and sinfully delicious.
- Queen Elizabeth Cake: This recipe comes from Sugarbird’s mother/ grandmother – the best cook and baker we know!
A phenomenal, moist and delicious cake made from dates and topped with a broiled coconut topping.
- Black Forest Cake: A delicious combination of rich chocolate, sour cherries and whipped cream – What could be better.
- Jennifer’s Banana Cake: A long time favourite in our family
Two layers of delicious banana cake, topped with toasted coconut and filled with a delicious caramel pecan filling. The sides are frosted with a yummy buttercream frosting.
- Baked Cheesecake: The best ever!
A walnut/ graham cracker crust filled with a creamy and delicious cream cheese filling. This cheesecake can be topped with the fruit topping of your choice.
- Whoopie Pies: A childhood treat for all ages!
Creamy whipped filling sandwiched between two fluffy round cakes. A perfect hand-held treat! Our specialties are pumpkin cakes with maple cream cheese filling and chocolate cakes with fluffy mint filling. Please visit our Flavours page to see the full list
- Scones: Light and fluffy and perfect with a cup of tea! Not to brag, but we’ve tried a lot of scones and ours are the BEST! (Okay, maybe we’re bragging a little). We offer several flavours including oatmeal, mixed berry and the best of the best…our pumpkin scones covered in caramel glaze! See our flavours page for our full list.
- Biscuits: Perfect for tea parties and showers! Fluffy and delicious, we offer lemon, buttermilk and our specialty, savoury cheddar.
Is candy your thing? We make several different types – our specialty is homemade caramel, but we also make delicious fudge, “skor” bars, marshmallow, peppermint patties and more.
We also do a variety of cookies, squares, tarts, and pies. Contact us with your requests.
Do you have a favourite you don’t see listed? Just ask and we will do our best to accommodate your needs – and your cravings.